Wednesday 29 June 2011

Admin delux

I used to have an investment portfolio, back in the day when I earned enough money to live. And I closed it, to fund my Masters and that fateful house purchase.

So when I got an email asking for my bank details the other day, saying there was a positive balance of R2000 odd, I did think it was a scam. Sorry Sifiso, I judged you.

I replied and said 'Why has this happened' and 'What if I don't have an SA account any more' (because I don't).

Let's just give you the response verbatim. It's a delight.

"We wish to confirm receipt of your request. Please note we received distributions after the policy was terminated. Send us someone else's details he/she should attached proof of residential address not older than 3 months, certified id copy and proof of account in his/her name (Internet statement or bank deposit slip will not be accepted as proof of bank account but cancelled cheque or bank statement from stamped by bank or on banks letterhead). We will also require you copy of passport and a letter confirming that we can process payment into some else account."
The grammar and spelling aside, now I ask myself the question - can I be bothered? Probably, it's not really an insignificant amount. But I'm disgusted with the level of admin that it will involve - especially since most of that admin isn't going to be something I can do myself and I'll have to cash in another favour to so a friend will be my Cash Mule.





No comments:

Post a Comment